The Coleman 58022 Solar 12V Battery Trickle Charger is ideal for charging the 12V battery in your SUV, RV, Boat, Electric Fence, or Deer Feeder. Providing up to 6 Watts and 400mAh of current, it provides maintenance free charging in all daylight conditions.Feautures and Specifications:
Click Here for Instruction Manual
- Charge 12V Batteries with the power of the Sun
- Maximum power output 6 Watts and 400Mah
- Works with Boats, SUVs, RVs, Electric Fences, and Deer Feeders
- Fully Weatherproof
- Plugs into 12V DC Plug or directly to the battery with included clamps
- Quick connect and disconnect to the battery
- 4 Pre Drilled holes for easy installation
- Maintenance Free
- Built in Overcharge/Discharge Protection
- Works in all Daylight conditions
- 4 Pre cut holes for easy installation
- 4 Stainless Steel Screws
- 9.5 Ft wire
- 12V DC Plug
- Battery Clamps
- Quick Connect technology
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 18” x 1.5” x 14.5” (45 x 3 x 36cm)
- Weight: 4.6 lbs(2.1Kg)
- Five year warranty.
- Manufacturer’s Part Number: 58022
Can I use panel outdoors?
Yes, this panel has been weatherproofed. The weatherproofing includes UV protection and weather effects of -35°F to 175°F
Will my panel drain a battery at night?
No, this panel includes a blocking diode to prevent battery drain and reverse current.
What type of battery can a trickle charge?
Any 12 volt battery can be trickle charged with this solar panel.
How long will it take to charge a battery?
Under ideal conditions, this panel will generate up to 400 mAmps of current, supplying a steady trickle charge to any 12 volt battery.
Do I need a charge controller?
A charge controller is not required for a 6 Watt solar panel. A 6 Watt panel will not overcharge your 12 Volt battery. A charge controller is recommended for panels greater than 15 Watts.
Can I run appliances off this panel?
Yes, however, the current will vary depending on the sunlight. Charging a battery is therefore the recommended installation and running protocol.
Can I mount this panel directly on a surface?
Yes, this panel can be mounted with the included stainless steel screws. To increase the heat dissipation, a heat resistant spacer should be used between panel and surface for optimized use.
How far can I extend the wire?
Current length should accommodate 95% of installations; however, wires can be extended up to a maximum of 30 feet with 16 gauge wires. Stripping wires to extend should be done carefully, connecting positive to positive and negative to negative appropriately.