The brand new explorer Series from Nitecore has a one-of-a-kind user interface designed for demanding outdoor activities. The EC1 is more compact than any other single CR123A powered flashlight on the market, and still incredibility bright. With 5 modes of output ranging from 280 lumens to 4 lumens, perhaps the most unique feature of Nitecore's new E series is the advanced user interface used to change modes and turn the light on/off. The dual electronic switches make operation a cinch. A clearly labeled 'ON/OFF' button is used to turn the light on and off, and simply press the 'MODE' button to change the brightness levels.
Loads of Features
This light also features a red LED power indicator light which displays the battery voltage and remaining power through a series of easy to determine blinks. This indicator light will blink once every 5 seconds when the power of the batteries reaches 50%, and will flicker three times every three seconds when the batteries are near exhaustion, ensuring you have plenty of time to change the batteries and are never left out in the dark. This red LED also doubles as a light source; it emits 0.5 lumens of red light which can be very useful when you only need a minimal amount of light, and the red LED is beneficial when you want to protect your night vision or observe wildlife without disturbing them.
The body of the EC1 and all Explorer series lights is carved from a block of aero-grade aluminum alloy using the most advanced CNC technology available. This not only offers a perfect aesthetic finish but gives Explorer lights incredible durability. Moreover, a stainless steel retaining ring on the flashlight head protects core components from drops and impacts. Explorer series lights are also equipped with the largest reflectors in their class, since they are designed for outdoor use. This large reflector helps send more light out the front end and has longer throw than any other competing product similar in size
The EC1 includes a two-way tactical clip, allowing you to easily attach the light to your backpack, pocket, or belt, and all Explorer series lights are compatible with Nitecore's headband so you can use the light as a headlamp for hands-free illumination. A truly innovative product, the Nitecore EC1 is a must have every-day-carry, and outdoor adventures.Features and Specifications:
- Output Levels/Runtime:
- Turbo: 280 lumens / 180 seconds (hidden mode)
- High: 200 lumens / 80 minutes
- Medium: 74 lumens / 5 hours
- Low: 25 lumens / 12 hours
- Super Low: 4 lumens / 78 hours
- Battery Type: 1 x CR123A (Not Included)
- Bezel Diameter: 1" (25.4mm)
- Body Diameter: 0.86" (22mm)
- Length: 2.56" (65mm)
- Weight: 1.44oz (42.5g)
- Aero-grade aluminum alloy grade construction
- Stainless steel retaining ring protects core components from drops and impacts
- Brand new dual electronic switch design has two easy to use buttons: ON/OFF and MODE
- Two-thirds the size of any other light in its class
- Large, smooth reflector for long distance throw
- Power indicator light indicates battery voltage and remaining battery power levels.
- Continuous red light illumination is great for locating your light and for using as a light source to protect night vision.
- Includes two-way tactical pocket clip
- Compatible with Nitecore headband allowing you to use light as a headlamp for hands-free illumination.