Providing optimal filtering and purification, the SteriPEN Bottle Pack includes the SteriPEN water purifier, a Nalgene water bottle and a SteriPEN Water Bottle Pre-filter. Utilizing the same technology used to purify water in municipal treatment facilities, hospitals and water-bottling plants, the SteriPEN by Hydro-Photon is the only portable water purifier that uses high-energy Ultraviolet (UV) light to destroy viruses, bacteria and cysts, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium. SteriPEN is easy to operate and purifies water quickly and efficiently without the need for chemicals or pumping.
Thanks to the SteriPEN, purifying water is a cinch. Simply secure the threaded SteriPEN Water Bottle Pre-filter to the top of the 32 oz. Nalgene water bottle, fill with water, remove the pre-filter, push the SteriPEN button, dip it in the container and stir slightly to agitate the water. Ultraviolet light is invisible to the human eye, but a visible blue light indicates that the SteriPEN is working and shuts off as soon as a full dose has been delivered. The SteriPEN purifies 32 oz. in only 90 seconds! The UV light breaks down the DNA of viruses, bacteria and cysts, rendering them harmless.
Because the penetration of UV light can be limited by discoloration, solids and debris, it is important that clear, unfrozen water be used. When clear water is unobtainable, the SteriPEN Water Bottle Pre-filter easily and efficiently removes particulates and debris prior to the UV water treatment.
The SteriPEN requires 4 AA batteries, sold separately. Alkaline or lithium batteries will work in the SteriPEN, but rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride batteries are your best option, as they last far longer and outperform other batteries in cold temperatures. The SteriPEN's electronics are designed to activate only as long as there is enough battery power available to produce the required UV dosage, so there is no risk of an inadequate dose as batteries run low.
The Ultraviolet lamp used by the SteriPEN is very durable, providing up to 5,000 doses. To ensure that the SteriPEN provides optimal effectiveness, the lamp is automatically disabled after 5,000 doses and a red LED light alerts you that a new lamp is required.
BONUS: When you buy this item not only does it qualify for FREE GROUND shipping but we'll also include 4 Duracell Coppertop AA batteries as an added bonus! This is over and above the 2 cells already included with the Steripen.
- Bottle Pack includes SteriPEN purifier, water bottle pre-filter, 32 oz.
- Nalgene wide-mouth water bottle and carrying case.
- Proven ultraviolet technology is effective against viruses, bacteria and cysts, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- No chemicals, no pumping.
- Water bottle pre-filter removes particulates and debris prior to SteriPEN treatment.
- Push-button start.
- Automatic dosage for 16 oz. or 32 oz.
- Powered by 4 AA batteries, sold separately.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Mfrs Part Number: SP-SYS
- Common Questions PDF (23kb)
- SteriPEN Brochure PDF (362kb)
- SteriPEN Manual PDF (1.5mb)
- SteriPEN Pre-Filter Brochure PDF (564kb)
- Safe Water Pack Brochure PDF (245kb)
- Testimonials PDF (40kb)