When diving, boating, or sailing, a well made knife should be your most important piece of equipment-it could save your life. Underwater Kinetics has taken this into account with their line of knives with a number of features tailored specifically to a marine environment. The Blue Tang Titanium has a razor-sharp solid titanium blade and pommel which are extremely corrosion resistant and non-magnetic, making the knife safe to keep next to sensitive equipmentFeatures and Specifications:
The blade itself has both hollow ground straight and serrated knife edges to cut through a variety of materials and the rust-proof titanium blade also has a hooked edge line cutter to quickly sever any tangled lines. The knife completely disassembles for cleaning, making it impossible for corrosion and rust to form in the handle and crevices of the knife. There is no metal to metal contact in any part of the knife which prevents corrosion in the event that the metal of the blade comes in contact with other metal.
The large choil and contoured handle offer an easy and secure grip and the knife can be taken out of and inserted into its sheath using one hand. The Blue Tang Titanium also comes with a signal pommel that can be banged against an oxygen tank underwater to get the attention of a fellow diver. This model of the Blue Tang Titanium has a blunt tip blade which provides extra protection against accidental cuts and can be used to pry through rocks or other debris. Also available with a drop point blade.
- Dimensions: 10.00" (25.4 cm) (L) x 2.15" (5.46 cm) (W) x 1.00" (2.54 cm) (H)
- Weight: 7.10 oz. (201.28 g)
- Blade length: 5.00" q2.70 cm)
- Titanium, extremely corrosion resistant, non-magnetic, straight/serrated blade
- Available with either a drop point or blunt tip blade
- Locking mechanism on sheath ensures that the knife stays secure while underwater
- Hollow ground straight and serrated knife edges for cutting different materials
- Large choil and contoured handle for powerful, comfortable grip
- One hand insertion and removal from sheath
154CM? Kraton? G10? What does all this mean? Check out our handy Knife Guide