Acebeam TK17-AL LED Flashlight - Includes 1 x 18350 with a Built-In Charging Port
Acebeam TK17 AL
The Acebeam TK17 AL is a bright, durable EDC flashlight. This light comes with your choice of one of three LEDs, allowing you to choose the quality of light you desire the most. The Samsung LH351D LED provides the greatest amount of light output, topping out at a massive 2300 lumens! The Osram KW CSLNM1.TG LED is specialized for long range throw, making the TK17 AL more ideal for spotting, search and rescue and late night navigation. The Nichia 219 C LED provides a neutral white light that is easier on the eyes and gives a more naturalistic color rendering to your surroundings. This flashlight comes with an 1100mAh 18350 battery, outfitted with a USB charging port for fast and easy charging. The body of the TK17 AL is lightweight yet durable aluminum which is further anodized to prevent oxidation, scratches and more.Features:
- Available with one of three LEDs:
- SAMSUNG LH351D (6500K)
- OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG (6500K)
- NICHIA 219C (90 CRI, 4000K)
- Includes 1 x 1100mAh 18350 USB Battery
- 18350 Battery features integrated Micro USB charge port
- High-strength, oxidation resistant aluminum construction
- TIR optic Lens
- 5 Brightness levels + Strobe
- Knurling and polished finish provide a secure grip
- Powerful strobe setting can be used to disorient attackers
- Detachable gold plated pocket clip for easy carry action
- Low battery voltage warning with flickering
- Intelligent and efficient circuit board design for maximum performance and runtime
- Samsung LED Output / Runtime:
- Ultra-Low: 3 lumens; 15cd; 8meters; 120 hours
- Low: 100 lumens; 230cd; 30meters; 5 hours 45 minutes
- Med: 300 lumens; 690cd; 53meters; 1 hour 45 minutes
- High: 1000 lumens; 2300cd; 96 meters; 1 hour
- Turbo: 2300 lumens; 5310cd; 146 meters; 45 minutes
- Strobe: 1000 lumens; 1hour 15 minutes
- Osram LED Output / Runtime:
- Ultra-Low: 2.5 lumens; 35cd; 12meters; 120 hours
- Low: 90 lumens; 1300cd; 72meters; 5 hours 45 minutes
- Med: 250 lumens; 3300cd; 115meters; 1 hour 45 minutes
- High: 750 lumens; 10500cd; 205meters; 1 hour
- Turbo: 1500 lumens; 21000cd; 290meters; 45 minutes
- Strobe: 750 lumens; 1hour 15 minutes
- Nichia LED Output / Runtime:
- Ultra-Low: 2 lumens; 25cd; 10meters; 120 hours
- Low: 70 lumens; 450cd; 42meters; 5 hours 45 minutes
- Med: 210 lumens; 1250cd; 71meters; 1 hour 45 minutes
- High: 640 lumens; 3900cd; 125meters; 1 hour
- Turbo: 1400 lumens; 8500cd; 184meters; 45 minutes
- Strobe: 640 lumens; 1hour 15 minutes
|Output Modes:||3+ Brightness Levels, Strobe|
|Compatible Batteries:||1 x 18350|
|Flashlight Usage:||Every Day Carry|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, Acebeam 5 Year Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Primary Material:||Anodized Aluminum|
|Country of Origin:||CN|
This light is quite bright for its size, even with the less bright high CRI Nichia option which is what attracted me to it in the first place. It delivers on that front for sure. Puts a lot of my larger 18650 lights to shame. Gets hot very quickly on turbo, and even on high as well, but that isn't surprising given the lumen output.
I love the look, feel, and size of this light for EDC. The finish is even nicer in person than I expected. Build quality is very good overall with smooth greased threads and solid springs. Only minor gripes are that the rear piece which holds on the tail switch cover appears to be plastic while the rest of the light is aluminum. Seems like a bit of a cut corner to me, but not a huge deal. Also the tail switch doesn't have a very satisfying "click" compared to some of my other lights. Hard to describe, but it is a bit spongy instead of a sharp click and the momentary half press can be a bit difficult without accidentally doing a full click. Again, a minor gripe.
The largest gripe, and the real reason I have to remove a star is the UI. I like simple UIs, but this takes it too far. There is no shortcut to turbo or moonlight, and strobe is part of the normal rotation so you are forced to pass through the strobe to get back to moonlight. I find this very annoying. I didn't realize this and maybe would have even chosen a different light had I known, but there doesn't seem to be much info out there on this model yet.
Overall, theres a lot to like, but the lousy UI turns what could have been a great light into a good one. Still, I would recommend it if you don't mind having to momentarily endure the strobe when shifting through the various modes.
Titanium Innovations CR123A (12PK) 1400mAh 3V 3A Lithium Primary (LiMNO2) Button Top Photo Batteries - Box of 12, Shrink-Wrapped in Pairs$12.00(274 Reviews)As Low As: $11.70 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
- $62.00(9 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!
- $23.95(50 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included)$64.95(33 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!