Nitecore HC30 Dual-Form Headlamp - CREE XM-L2 (U2) LED - Cool or Neutral White - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123As
Now Available With "Neutral White" LED! Light produced by a neutral white LED appears less artificial and more similar to sunlight or light produced by candles. Neutral white light is also perfect for film, especially outdoors, as it does not make natural colors and skin tones appear dull like with cool white light.
Nitecore HC30 LED Headlamp
The Nitecore HC30 LED Headlamp is perfect for any outdoors enthusiast and will ensure that you'll never be left in the dark. Equipped with a sophisticated CREE XM-L2 U2 LED, the HC30 boasts an intense maximum output of 1000 Lumens, enough to keep your path lit in the darkest conditions. Able to run on either a single 18650 battery or 2 CR123A batteries, the light has a maximum throw distance of 162 meters with a wide 100° beam for maximum coverage, making anything in the user's path clearly visible.
An Array of Options
The benefits of the HC30 do not just lie in its powerful output, but in its vast selection of options and settings. The headlamp comes with five different brightness settings to match any lighting needs and features a vertically rotating head to can supply a variety of lighting angles. The light also features a Strobe Mode that can be used to blind or disorient a target, a Location Beacon to mark your current position, and a S.O.S. Mode designed for emergencies so you are prepared for any situation.
Easy to Use, Hard to Damage
The interface of the HC30 couldn't be easier, with each setting accessible through the light's single side switch on the side of the head, easily operable with one hand. Made from aerospace grade aluminum alloy, the headlamp is as durable as it is functional, able to withstand impacts from as high as 1 meter. Even the headlamp's lens is designed to withstand wear and tear, constructed from ultra tough mineral glass with an anti-reflective coating. It is incredibly resistant to water damage, earning an IPX rating of IPX-8, able to be submerged under up to 2 meters of water.
- Aero-space aluminum alloy body with HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass lens with anti-reflective coating protects LED
- Easy-to-use single button interface
- Features three specialized tactical outputs:
- Strobe Mode for disorienting a target
- S.O.S. Mode for signaling for aid
- Location Beacon for efficiently marking your current position
- Rotating head allows up to 180 degrees of vertical rotation for a broader range of illumination
- Comfortable, adjustable nylon headband provides secure hold for any head size
- Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology helps prevent overheating from extended use
- Reverse Polarity Protection prevents chance of damaging circuit from improperly installing batteries
- Tail-stand capability
- Included Accessories:
- 1 x Nylon Headband
- 2 x Spare O-Rings
- 1 x Spare Rubber Switch Cover
- 1 x Stainless Steel Pocket Clip
- LED: CREE XM-L2 (U2) LED
- Power Source: 1 x 18650 OR 2 x CR123A (Batteries Sold Separately)
- IPX Rating: IPX-8 (Waterproof and submersible up to 2 meters)
- Impact Resistance: 1 meter
- Brightness Output / Runtime (Using 1 x 18650):
- Turbo: 1000 Lumens / 1 Hour
- High: 400 Lumens / 3 Hours 30 Min.
- Mid: 210 Lumens / 7 Hours 15 Min.
- Low: 70 Lumens / 15 Hours 15 Min.
- Ultralow: 1 Lumen / 330 Hours
- Brightness Output / Runtime (Using 2 x CR123A):
- Turbo: 1000 Lumens / 45 Minutes
- High: 400 Lumens / 2 Hours 30 Min.
- Mid: 210 Lumens / 4 Hours 30 Min.
- Low: 70 Lumens / 10 Hours 15 Min.
- Ultralow: 1 Lumen / 150 Hours
- Peak Beam Distance: 162 meters
- Peak Beam Intensity: 6600 cd
- Length - 3.86"
- Head Diameter - 0.95"
- Weight: 1.42 oz
Note: Please refer to the user manual for recommended battery capacities for optimal performance.
|Output Modes:||3+ Brightness Levels, Beacon, SOS, Strobe|
|Compatible Batteries:||1 x 18650, 2 x CR123A, 2 x RCR123A|
|Included Accessories:||Pocket Clip, Spare O-ring(s)|
|Flashlight Usage:||Headlamps, Right Angle, Worklights|
|Throw Distance (Max):||162m|
|LED:||CREE XM-L2 U2|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, Nitecore 5 Year Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Primary Material:||Anodized Aluminum|
|Product Dimensions:||3.86" (L) x 0.95" (Head Diameter)|
|Country of Origin:||CN|
This light is replacing my Sunwayman S10A, which is a very handy light in its own right. A major feature is the 18560 rechargeable battery - very long life, lots of power. the Sunwayman is limited to the AA or 14500 size. I frequently use the "moon glow" level of light and I love having the super bright beam as well. The form factor of this light is nearly an exact match to the Sunwayman except that the Nitecore is a right angle style.
I wasn't sure about using a right angle light for EDC but the included pocket clip makes all the difference. Now, I can clip it to my shirt, in a pocket, or on the bill of my cap.
White v Neutral: I have both the "cool" white and the "neutral" white style. I wasn't sure it would matter but I am now a fan of the neutral white. It easier on my eyes and seems to make colors look better. I think the cool white would be better for signaling and it seems to be a little brighter but I don't know for sure.
I dropped both my lights one time each, 5 feet to a hardwood floor. Didn't seem to phase them.
I have many flashlights but this one is unique because of the warm neutral color, it isn't harsh like the typical blue colored LEDs.
The excellent build quality and it's fair price also contribute to my rating it 5 stars.
Titanium Innovations CR123A (12PK) 1400mAh 3V 3A Lithium Primary (LiMNO2) Button Top Photo Batteries - Box of 12, Shrink-Wrapped in Pairs$12.00(268 Reviews)As Low As: $795.60 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
Sunwayman Comet USB Rechargeable Keychain Flashlight - CREE XQ-E R2 LED - 88 Lumens - Includes 1 x 10180$13.95(1 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
- $23.95(49 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included)$64.95(28 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!