Fenix HL60R Dual Light Source USB Rechargeable Headlamp - Luminus SST40 - 950 Lumens - Uses 1 x 18650 (Included) or 2 x CR123A - Yellow
Princeton Tec Apex Pro Headlamp - 4 x Ultrabright LEDs, 1 x Maxbright LED - 350 Lumens - Includes 2 x CR123As - Black
Streamlight Septor Headlamp with Optional Rubber Hard Hat Strap - 7 x 5mm White LEDs - 120 Lumens - Includes 3 x AAAs (61052)
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included)
Energizer Vision HD+ Focus LED Headlamp - 400 Lumens (HDD32E) - Includes 3 x AAAs - Industrial Strap for Hardhats - 315 Lumens (HDDIN32E)
Olight H1 CW Headlamp - CREE XM-L2 LED (Cool White or Neutral White) - 500 Lumens - Uses 1 x CR123A (Included) or 1 x 16340
Olight H1 LED Headlamp
The newest edition to Olight's already exceptional line of headlamps, the H1 LED Headlamp is a potent combination of power and versatility. Powered by either a single CR123A (included) or a rechargeable 16340 battery, this powerful light is capable of generating up to 500 Lumens of evenly-dispersed illumination that can throw further than 200 feet away. In addition to its maximum output, the light features 4 dimmer outputs ranging from 180 Lumens down to just 2 Lumens to cover a wide range of lighting needs, and even comes with an S.O.S. Mode for emergency situations. In order to prevent overheating, the light gradually dims after 3 minutes in Turbo Mode to its next highest output to protect both the light and its battery. The H1 is available with two different variants of CREE XM-L2 LEDs; a Cool White version which produces cleaner, more vivid light, or a Neutral White version which appears much more similar to natural light and is less strenuous on the eyes.
The H1 is designed to not only be easy to use, but adaptable to whatever hands-free lighting needs you may have. The light is operated using a simple pushbutton switch located on the side of its durable hard-anodized aluminum body. While it is primarily designed for use with its comfortable nylon headband, the compact light also comes with a removable pocket clip so it can be attached to your pocket, belt, or even your backpack strap for additional hands-free lighting options. The light even comes with a magnetic tailcap that allows it to be mounted on a variety of metal surfaces, providing area lighting when needed. Incredibly bright and remarkably versatile, the H1 is the perfect headlamp for any user.
- Durable hard-anodized aluminum body is both impact and water resistant
- Specialized TIR (Total Internal Refraction) lens provides soft, evenly dispersed beam
- Available with 2 different LED color temperatures
- Cool White (5000K-8300K): Provides a cleaner, clearer view than incandescent light. Extremely common amongst LED lights.
- Neutral White (3750K-5000K): Smooth, diffused output closer to the color of natural daylight, making it better for photography or use in natural environments.
- Special S.O.S. Mode used to signal for help in emergency situations
- Operated using easy-to-use pushbutton switch on side of head
- Magnetic tailcap can be fastened to a wide variety of metal surfaces for hands-free lighting
- Overheat protection gradually decreases brightness after 3 minutes in Turbo Mode to prevent damage to both light and battery
- Comfortable headband easily adjusts to fit almost any head size
- Comes with Olight's 5 Year Warranty
- Included Accessories:
- 1 x 3V 1600mAh CR123A Battery
- 1 x Removable Pocket Clip
- 1 x Carrying Pouch
- LED: 1 x CREE XM-L2 LED (Cool White or Neutral White)
- Power Source: 1 x CR123A (Included) OR 1 x 16340
- IPX Rating: IPX-8 (Waterproof and submersible up to 2 meters)
- Impact Resistance: 1.5 meters
- Brightness Outputs:
- Turbo - 500 Lumens → 180 Lumens - 3 Minutes → 2 Hours 50 Min.
- High - 180 Lumens - 3 Hours
- Medium - 60 Lumens - 8 Hours 30 Min.
- Low - 15 Lumens - 42 Hours
- Ultralow - 2 Lumens - 15 Days (360 Hours)
- Peak Beam Distance: 66 meters (216.5 ft.)
- Peak Beam Intensity: 1080 cd
- Length - 2.3" (58.5 mm)
- Head Diameter - 0.8" (21 mm)
- Body Diameter - 0.8" (21 mm)
- Weight: 1.74 oz. (49.5 g)
|Output Modes:||3+ Brightness Levels, SOS|
|Compatible Batteries:||1 x 16340, 1 x CR123A|
|Included Accessories:||Batteries, Carry Case, Pocket Clip|
|Throw Distance (Max):||66m|
|LED:||CREE XM-L2 CW|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, Olight 2 Year Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Primary Material:||Anodized Aluminum|
|Product Dimensions:||2.3" (L) x 0.8" (Diameter)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
The H1 Nova produces a nice wide beam and its modes cover many needs (brief Turbo of 500 Lumens with reasonable throw of over 60m, then modes of 180, 60, 15, and 2 Lumens). Run time is good as expected with 16340's or CR123A's. Build quality is excellent as is the headband. Button is a bit below the top of the light, that and the headlamp role reduce risk of accidental activation; the tail cap can be unscrewed for lock-out as well when you choose to use this light as a utility work light or even an EDC. The tail cap also has a strong magnet, making the H1 Nova a handy helper when working on equipment or under the sink, or sorting out breaker issues in a dimly lit basement. Time will only tell how well the headband will stand up to repeated insertion/removals of the H1 from its silicone rubber holder with its two narrow holder bands. I'd prefer a single wider holder like Nitecore's HC30 headlamp headband. While the H1 Nova headband fits me, it seems not to have too much adjustment range. Included in the case is a snap-on pocket clip, user guide, product flyer, the headband, and the H1 Nova. The H1 Nova does not allow for a split ring or lanyard for those who prefer such things in an EDC light; clearly not so important for aits role as a headlamp.
I like the User Interface design. A long click (over a second) results in Moonlight - that safe way to enter the 2 Lumen level is a good idea, and at that level looking about in a tent or taking a late night walk helps preserve night vision. From off, a quick double click brings up Turbo brightness, while a single short click brings up the last mode from which it was turned off and memorized from the 15/60/180 Lumen levels. In keeping with the role of an outdoors headlamp, the H1 Nova also provides an SOS mode rather than a Strobe mode (triple click from off). The UI design also provides for an electronic lock out and the driver has a low standby current drain, so long standby life is promised; i still prefer using giving the tail cap a short twist instead. Finally, the driver design provides for "soft" on/off, a nice touch and does reduce shock to your eyes.
- VERY compact execution making a smaller, lightweight headlamp and a great light for use in tight places
- The H1 Nova accepts an RCR123A and 16340 rechargeable cell as well as a single CR123A primary
- VERY good User Interface design and brightness mode spread with 2, 15, 60, 180, 500 (brief turbo) Lumen output
- Strong magnetic tail cap base lends a helping hand when working on equipment or your vehicle
- Fully anodized tail cap affords mechanical lockout
- Well made zippered case for holding the H1 Nova and other gear and accessories
- Headband's silicone holder design uses two narrow bands of silicone to hold the light, and does so securely, but I'm a bit concerned for durability and deterioration.
- While I generally prefer screw-on pocket clips to snap-on clips, the product's size and primary designed purpose as a headlamp make a clip less important.
- Use as an EDC or tool-box helper light might benefit from having a mounting hole for a slip ring for a lanyard or clip rather than rigging to a pocket clip.
- Small, light, good run time and its true color, it doesn't white wash like so many do.
- None so far, I'll edit if it doesn't meet my expectations, I own quite a few plights, and only one failed so overall I think their made well.
I do prefer the black holder that comes with the rechargeable version, so I just swapped headbands with my wife's - the two headbands are fully compatible. Would be nice to see a factory option on this.
I'm about to buy another one to leave in my cars glove box.
- small, easy on batteries, light, comfortable.
- none to speak of
- $1.15(252 Reviews)As Low As: $1.05 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
- $66.95(62 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping Over $50!
- $23.95(59 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included)$64.95(48 Reviews)Free Shipping!
Panasonic Eneloop BK-4MCCA-8BA AAA 800mAh 1.2V Low Self Discharge Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Button Top Batteries - 8 Pack Retail Card$17.50(34 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!