Olight S2R II Rechargeable LED Flashlight - LUMINUS SST-40 - 1150 Lumens - Uses 1 x 18650 (included) - Black, White (Limited Edition), or Lava Camo (Limited Edition)
- Item #: OLIGHT-S2R-II-OPT
- Brand: Olight
- Slim style EDC with high power LED output
- Rechargeable via magnetic USB cord for fast, easy charging
- 1150 lumen output using the included 18650 battery
- Magnetic tail-cap allows for hands free lighting
Olight S2R II Rechargeable LED Flashlight
Better Than Before
The Olight S2R II is the upgraded version of the S2R and it shows. This flashlight is vastly brighter, more durable, and better balanced than its predecessor. The max lumen output is 1,150 which produces a radiant beam that can reach up to 135 meters. This flashlight has a brand new TIR lens design that will provide a balanced beam that will evenly distribute the light across the objects in it's path, making it the perfect tool for everyday carry. The S2R II has a multi-function side switch so that you can access multiple different modes: 5+ brightness levels, turbo, moonlight, and strobe. Plus, the side switch also features a battery indicator so you will know when to charge up for your next use. These features make this flashlight a logical, intuitive, and practical product for EDC.
The Olight S2R II features a new MCC II magnetic charging system. This charging system produces up to 1A of voltage and will quickly recharge your flashlight so you can use it as soon as possible. The magnetic tailcap attaches to the portable MCC II USB cable, so you can charge on-the-go or in your own home with ease. The magnet featured on the flat tailcap is strong so you can use it as a hands-free work light; attach it to anything magnetic and it will stick!
Compact and Durable
With a hard anodized aluminum alloy body, the Olight S2R II is impact resistant up to 1.5 meters and waterproof up to 2 meters, ensuring that its durability will sustain over the course of its service life. Not to mention that its light build and pocket clip makes the S2R II a top contender for anyone looking for an EDC flashlight that will not weight them down. With all of its features combined with its enduring strength, this flashlight is designed to be an admirable adversary for best EDC flashlight.
This light is available bundled with the optional Olight L-Dock Kit. The kit includes the L-Dock which can be mounted on just about any surface for quick and easy recharging. The dock also includes MCC magnetic charging cable, adhesive and screws for mounting.Features:
- Cool White LED with a maximum output of 1,150 lumens
- Includes a 3200mAh 18650 rechargeable lithium battery which is charged magnetically through the tailcap charging cable
- Features a battery indicator located on the side switch so you know when to charge. Indicator glowing green (Battery remaining>=70%), indicator glowing yellow (Battery remaining 15-70%), indicator glowing red (Battery remaining>=15%)
- Portable fast charging MCC II USB charging cable provided in the package
- Brand-new TIR lens design producing a perfectly balanced beam
- Flat tailcap with a strong magnet allowing the ability to use as a hands-free work light
- Multi-function side switch with five brightness levels, plus strobe mode
- Olight's 5 Year Warranty
- Specialized 3200mAh 3.6V 18650 battery x 1
- MCC II charging cable x 1
- User manual x 1
- Pouch x 1
- Blue pocket clip x 1 (installed on the flashlight)
- Black pocket clip x 1 (spare, inside the package)
- Lanyard (including tethering tool) x 1
- Output / Runtime / Distance:
- Turbo: 1,150 lumens / 2 minutes / 135 meters
- High: 400 lumens / 4 hours / 80 meters
- Medium: 120 lumens / 14 hours / 45 meters
- Low: 15 lumens / 100 hours / 15 meters
- Moonlight: 0.5 lumens / 60 days
- LED: Luminus SST-40
- Power Source: Customized 3200mAh 3.6V 18650 Battery
- Beam Intensity: 4,600cd
- Max Throw: 135 meters
- Impact Resistance: 1.5 meters
- Water Resistance: IPX-8
- Weight: 0.21lbs/98.5g (including battery and pocket clip)
- Length - 3.94" (100mm)
- Head Diameter - 0.91" (23mm)
- Body Diameter - 0.91" (23mm)
|Output Modes:||3+ Brightness Levels, Strobe|
|Compatible Batteries:||1 x 18650, 2 x CR123A|
|Included Accessories:||Batteries, Lanyard, Magnetic Charging Cable, Pocket Clip|
|Flashlight Usage:||Every Day Carry|
|Throw Distance (Max):||135m|
|LED:||Luminus SST-40 CW|
|Product Certifications:||IPX-8, CE, RoHS|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, Olight 5 Year Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Primary Material:||Anodized Aluminum|
|Product Dimensions:||3.94" (L) x 0.91" (Head Diameter)0.91" (Body Diameter)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
The low setting is perfect for identifying part numbers without blinding you, while the medium and high settings will light up a large area (my entire back yard!). Throws a nice, broad beam while still concentrated. Not a flood by any means, but a little less concentrated than the S3R which is a more focused beam (but larger as a result). One of my colleagues bought the S3R and we did a quick comparison: I'm glad I got to compare and definitely prefer the S2RII (the S2RII is also brighter in "turbo" than the S3R)
Appears very durable, It's already been dropped and banged around a bit. Comes with two strong belt clips, very nice quality clips. Strong base magnet able to support in any position.
There is an LED battery life indicator in the function switch. Have used for 2.5 weeks on the first charge and stilling running strong and showing green on the indicator. Charging is simple through the magnetic base charger. This is my new favorite every-day-carry, excellent addition to my tool box!
The tint is Cool White with a fairly prominent hotspot. It is a bit more noticeable than on the S2. Spill light is very wide and usable.
Knurling is squared and provides a very good grip. I found the side switch easy to access and find by indexing the clip in your hand. It can accidentally turn ON in the front pocket of your pants or shorts because the clip would be facing outward and the switch/button being against your body. I found sitting down, turned ON the light a few times while carried in this manner. Carrying the light in a side cargo pants/shorts pocket could alleviate this problem.
I ran a runtime test on Turbo/1150 LU and found it did ramp down after almost two minutes to 400 LU. It lasted at this level for about 90 minutes before I could tell it was getting dimmer. The light continued to slowly dim over the next 2 hours or so and then hovered around 5 LU. I stopped my testing at that point after about 4 hours. Very impressive runtimes from the 3200 mAh battery and with good brightness output.
The S2R Baton-2 misses my 5-Star rating due to the side switch accidentally turning ON in my pocket and the fact the light CAN run on a standard 18650 battery, but NOT achieve Turbo when doing so. Olight using its customized batteries can be both a blessing and a curse.
Overall, I am happy with this purchase.
The experts at Battery Junction recommended the S2A baton, and they were right. Since I use my light almost daily, will be my new favorite EDC for years to come.
Thanks Battery Junction Team.
- $1.10(241 Reviews)As Low As: $0.98 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
- $59.95(45 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!
- $23.95(57 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included) - Black - L-Dock Kit Option Available$51.96(42 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!