Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA Dual Fuel LED Flashlight - C4 LED - 350 Lumens - Includes 1x CR123A and 1x AA - Black (88061) or Coyote (88073)
- Item #: STREAMLIGHT-PROTAC-1L-1AA-OPT
- Brand: Streamlight
- TEN-TAP programmable switch allows user to set mode before next mission
- Embedded strike bezel and strobe make for handy self defense tools in close quarters
- Get maximum performance out of a CR123A or keep a AA battery as a quick back-up
- Hard-anodized aluminum body is durable, scratch-resistant, and lightweight; suitable for combat missions or less intense purposes
Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA LED Flashlight
A Tactical Advancement
The 1L-1AA is Streamlight's newest addition to their combat-ready ProTac line. The 1L-1AA improves upon the 1L's design by nearly doubling its brightness, and expanding its battery compatibility to two types. It retains the strike bezel, strobe, and tailcap switch that make it a valuable close quarters combat tool. And TEN-TAP allows you to program the light with the feature set you need for your mission.
Dual Fuel = Max Flexibility
The 1L-1AA can power up with two different batteries. The mighty CR123A is known for its high voltage and 10 year shelf life. And you're already familiar with the widely available and affordable AA. Get the maximum performance out of your flashlight with CR123As, keep a few stashed in the closet for backup, and rely on AA power in a pinch.
Hard to Kill
Streamlights don't go down without a fight. Drop-proof to 2 meters, waterproof to 1 meter, and covered by a lifetime warranty, the 1L-1AA is a beast. Hard-anodized aluminum is lightweight and durable, scratch-resistant, and difficult to crush. It's a great material for a light that will be your daily companion.Features:
- Multi-function, push-button tactical tailswitch. One handed operation of momentary, variable intensity or strobe mode.
- TEN-TAP Programmable Switch: Allows the user to select one of three different programs:
- High-Strobe-Low (Factory Default)
- High Only
- LED Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
- IPX7 waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- 2 meter impact resistance tested
- Anti-roll facecap
- Serialized for positive identification
- RoHS compliant
- Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
- Removable pocket clip
- Nylon holster
- Output / Runtime:
- 1x CR123A:
- High: 350 lumens - 1.5 hours
- Low: 40 lumens - 14 hours
- Strobe: 3 hours
- 1x AA battery:
- High: 150 lumens - 1.33 hours
- Low: 40 lumen - 7.5 hours
- Strobe: 3.5 hours
- 1x CR123A:
- Peak Beam intensity:
- 1x CR123A:
- High: 6400cd
- Low: 720cd
- 1x AA:
- High: 2750cd
- Low: 720cd
- 1x CR123A:
- Throw distance: 105 meters (344.49 ft.)
- Impact resistance: 2 m
- Water Resistance: IPX-7 (Submersible to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Length: 4.25 in. (10.8 cm)
- Head diameter: .950 in. (2.41 cm)
- Barrel diameter: .850 in. (2.16 cm)
- 2.5 oz (71 grams) with CR123 battery
- 2.8 oz (79 grams) with AA alkaline battery
- 2.4 oz (68 grams) with AA Lithium battery
- MPN: 88061
- UPC: 080926-88061-0
|Output Modes:||Dual Brightness Levels, Strobe|
|Compatible Batteries:||1 x AA, 1 x CR123A|
|Included Accessories:||Batteries, Holster, Pocket Clip|
|Flashlight Usage:||Every Day Carry, Tactical|
|Throw Distance (Max):||105m|
|Product Certifications:||IPX-7, RoHS|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, Streamlight Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Primary Material:||Anodized Aluminum|
|Product Dimensions:||4.25" (L) x 0.95" (Head Diameter)0.85" (Body Diameter)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
I'm most impressed by the weight. I forget its in my pocket.
I'm used tothe 10 tap, this has much less options, only two of the three modes seem to be available with tail cap press. Nice to be able to program two or all three.
The Nitecore does not come with a holster, but the holster with the Streamlight is not great - tight and flimsy.
The Streamlight is only slightly larger and has the ability to use 123A power with associated higher output and longer runtimes. Given that 123A batteries are tough to find when away from home, the ability to use AA is welcome. AA batteries don't rattle when installed.
The Nitecore comes with a removable head and tail-cap so if you have a leaky alkaline battery you have a chance to remove it. The Streamilght does not have a removable head, so I would stick to using Eneloop or Lithium AA for the simple reason that if you get a leaky alkaline you have no easy way to remove it from the tube.
Neither of these lights will tail-stand.
The Streamlight user interface is finicky, requiring precise depth of push and time interval to change modes.
Nitecore comes with spare 0 ring and rubber clicky cover - Streamlight does not.
Streamlight pros - Ability to use high performance 123A and also widely available AA
Streamlight cons - no head removal, no spares included, finicky user interface, no moonlight mode, no tail-standing, suicide bubble packaging.
Nitecore pros - Spares included, good user interface, moonlight mode, head is removable.
Nitecore cons - peak output limited by AA only power source, no tail-standing, no holster.
Overall I prefer the Nitecore, but nice to have both.
As a footnote, alkaline batteries have been leaking a lot over the past few years - even when well inside their use by date - and even Enegizer and Duracell. For this reason I use Eneloop or Enegizer lithium whenever possible.
- $1.10(246 Reviews)As Low As: $0.98 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
- $66.95(57 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!
- $23.95(57 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included) - Black or L-Dock Bundle$64.95(46 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!