XTAR VC4SL 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger
- Item #: XTAR-VC4SL
- Brand: XTAR
4-Bay Battery Charger
The XTAR VC4SL is a smart battery charger for 3.6 – 3.7V lithium-ion, and 1.2V NiMH or NiCD batteries. The 4 charger bays are designed with today's larger batteries in mind, and is compatible with ultra-wide 26650s, lengthy 21700s with button-top terminals, and over twenty other battery sizes!
The LCD Screen displays real time charging status, battery current, capacity, and internal resistance.
The VC4SL utilizes button functions to switch the charging currents, modes, and display of charging information. Whether old or new, you will be able to identify how your batteries are performing.
Multiple Protection SafeguardsThe XTAR VC4SL is constructed from flame-retardant material and automatically identifies broken batteries by displaying an error before initiating the charging process.
Fast Charging FunctionWhen using a fast charging power adapter, the VC4SL will increase the charging rate if the battery's internal resistance is low.
- Notable Features
- » 0V Activation function helps bring over-discharged batteries back to life
- » Included USB-C to USB-A cable is universally compatible with 5V powerbanks, solar panels, wall adapters, and more
- » Ultra-wide compatibility with li-ion, NiMH, and NiCD battery sizes
|3.6 or 3.7V Li-ion / IMR, INR, and ICR|
|10440, 14500, 14650, 16340, 17335, 17500, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22650, 25500, 26650|
|1.2V NiMH and NiCD|
|A, AA, AAA, AAAA, C, SC|
|Current||.25A,.5A, 1A, 2A, 3A|
|Length||4.5" / 114mm|
|Width||1.25" / 32mm|
|Height||6" / 152mm|
|Weight||8oz / 225g|
|XTAR VC4SL Charger|
|USB-C to A Cable|
|Supported Chemistries:||Li-Ion, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH|
|Compatible Battery Sizes:||10440, 14500, 14650, 16340 / RCR123A, 17335, 17500, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22650, 25500, 26650, 32650, A, AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D, SC|
|Product Certifications:||CE, FCC, RoHS|
|Warranty:||Battery Junction 30-Day Warranty, XTAR Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|Return Policy:||Battery Junction Return Policy|
|Product Dimensions:||4.75" (L) x 1.5" (W) x 7" (H)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
- Accepts nearly everything bigger than buttons or coins, incl. ~78mm protected 21700's.
- Display looks quirky at first: its 'clock face hand' icons are best for 'at a glance' viewing (it can be turned off with long-press of "Current" button).
- However in the "Charge mode" charge current is displayed in mA and internal resistance in milliohms, each to 4 digits, while in the "Store" mode voltage is displayed to 0.01v.
- Five charge current choices (0.25A, 0.5A, 1A, 2A and 3A) affect all slots, but as usual higher rates won't feed more than 1 or 2 slots at once, and it throttles all slots' current if high internal resistance is seen in any of the cells.
- "Store" mode discharges (or charges) LiIon cells to 3.7V, important to store or transport them safely. All chargers should have this! (Do you store cells at full charge? Yikes!)
- There's no mention of at what rate "Grade" mode discharges cells. It's been measured as fixed at 300mA, so the "Grade" mode can take >36 hours with high capacity cells.
- Older LiIon batteries are not refreshed by repeated charges/discharges like NiCad or NiMH, so the "Grade" function should be used sparingly.
- USB C-type power input is becoming a standard (goodbye to multiple wall warts and car cords, but not to overpriced cables). Oh well.
BTW - JK/Colorado, your 1A max current may be because the internal resistance of one or more of your batteries measured high - and that throttled all their charging currents. Check their IR in the "Charge" mode (tap the Mode button thru mA and mAh), then take out all the cells but the one with the lowest IR. See if you can select >1A with that one remaining cell (fingers-crossed)!
- $1.10(248 Reviews)As Low As: $0.98 Ea.Free Shipping Over $50!
- $66.95(57 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!
- $23.95(57 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
Olight S1R II Baton Rechargeable Flashlight - CREE XM-L2 U4 LED - 1000 Lumens - Uses 1 x RCR123A (included) - Black or L-Dock Bundle$64.95(47 Reviews)Options AvailableFree Shipping!
Panasonic Eneloop BK-4MCCA-8BA AAA 800mAh 1.2V Low Self Discharge Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Button Top Batteries - 8 Pack Retail Card$17.50(33 Reviews)Free Shipping Over $50!
XTAR VC4SL 4-Bay Smart Battery Charger
- & Free Shipping On Orders Over $50
- In Stock