Fenix HL40R Rechargeable Focusable LED Headlamp - CREE XP-L HI V2 LED - 600 Lumens - Includes Built-In Li-Poly Battery Pack - Blue or Grey
Fenix HL40R Focusable LED Headlamp
Spot to Flood in One Turn!
One of the most versatile headlamps on the market today, the Fenix HL40R Focusable LED Headlamp is the perfect hands-free illuminator for any user, from the casual dog-walker to the extreme adventurer! This stellar light is extremely lightweight and comes with a unique overlapping headband, covering a larger portion of the back of your head and providing a secure hold essential for the active user. The headlamp sports a specialized rotary-focusing lens, which allows its user to seamlessly switch between a far-reaching spot beam and a broad flood beam single-handedly (literally)! The HL40R's spotlight is perfect for late night walks and runs while its floodlight is more appropriate for around the campsite. Choose either setting (or anywhere in-between) for the beam that best fits your needs!
An Output for Every Occasion
In order to cover any situation, the HL40R comes with a wide range of outputs to match your current needs. The headlamp comes with 6 steady outputs, ranging from a 600 Lumen Burst Mode for brief intense illumination and a 4 Lumen Reading Mode for up-close illumination. In addition to its constant outputs, the HL40R also comes with a special S.O.S. Mode that produces an efficient emergency signal for extreme situations. The HL40R is operated using an innovative dual switch interface, which allows you to control its general outputs (Burst, High, Medium, Low, Ultralow) and its functional outputs (Reading, S.O.S.) independently.
The Fenix HL40R comes equipped with a built-in Lithium Polymer battery pack, so you are no longer reliant on separate batteries that need constant replacing. The convenient internal battery can be quickly recharged using the headlamp's micro-USB charging port, allowing you to charge it at home or on the go! The pack is capable of powering the headlamp for up to 80 minutes in Burst Mode and an astounding 200 hours in Reading Mode, giving you plenty of usage before needing to refuel.
- Focusable lens allows user to effortlessly switch between floodlight and spotlight beam
- Dual switch interface operates general modes and functional modes independently
- Special Burst Mode provides intense brightness temporarily for special situations
- Special lockout function helps prevent accidental activation
- Head able to pivot 60° vertically for alternative lighting angles
- Internal Li-Poly battery pack can be recharged through handy micro-USB charging port
- 4-LED power indicator displays headlamp's remaining charge / charging progress
- Comfortable overlapping headband securely holds lamp in place
- Crafted from durable aluminum and plastics
- Overheat protection protects from high surface temperature
- Included Accessories:
- 1 x Overlapping Headband
- 1 x Micro-USB Charging Cable
- LED: CREE XP-L HI V2 LED
- Power Source: 1 x Built-in 2000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery Pack (Included)
- Peak Beam Distance: 147 meters (482.3 ft.)
- Peak Beam Intensity: 5426 cd
- Brightness Outputs:
- Burst - 600 Lumens - 1 Hour 20 Min.*
- High - 300 Lumens - 4 Hours 30 Min.
- Medium - 130 Lumens - 11 Hours
- Low - 70 Lumens - 22 Hours
- Ultralow - 30 Lumens - 50 Hours
- Reading Mode - 4 Lumens - 200 Hours
- S.O.S. Mode - 30 Lumens - 100 Hours
- IP Rating: IP66 (Dustproof, protected against powerful jets of water)
- Impact Resistance: 1 meter (3.28 ft.)
- Length - 2.67" (68 mm)
- Width - 2.13" (54 mm)
- Depth - 1.65" (42 mm)
- Weight: 4.59 oz. (130 g)
*To avoid overheating, the HL40R will lower to High Mode after 1 minute in Burst Mode. The above runtime represents total possible runtime.
Reviews and Q&A